Thursday 28 July 2011

I moved to Cornwall from London in August 2010 to begin a Masters in Art & Environment at Falmouth University College. Finding myself in a completely different environment, surrounded by ocean, I couldn't help but be affected by it. My work was very land based, considering the journey of a tree throughout it's lifetime and beyond. But now I am working on the edge of land, in the littoral zone, engulfed by the mystery of the sea.

202 Rings of cardboard June 2010


After a tutorial yesterday, I realised that there are still strong links with my practice now and past work. I persistently added rings to an 8ft sculpture in a simular way to drawing a whale in the sand on a beach repeatedly over the year and letting them wash away. My works are ephemeral, acknowledging fragile ecologies in our natural environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment